Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Dad & Had

I've always thought of myself as a daddy's girl. Maybe it's because I look like him, sweat like him, and have small eyes like him, or it could be because I inherited his sense of humor. There's just something about the bond between a father and a daughter. Growing up I idolized my dad: I looked forward to him coming home every night, dancing on his feet to oldies song, our semi-annual shopping trips at the mall, and special Dad and Had time.


It's hard when you're growing up to think of your parents as people - you just simply think of them as your parents. As I've grown and gotten to know both of my parents as adults I have realized what incredible people they are, and I'm so fortunate to not only know my dad as a person, but to call him one of my best friends. Often times he is the first person I call for advice or to share news with. His thoughts are usually pretty rational and his advice, spot on.



He's always been there to tell me I'm beautiful -even when I didn't think I was- encourage me to follow my dreams, congratulate me on my successes, help me learn from my failures, and to mend my broken heart. His drive and passion for life are inspiring, his selflessness -humbling-, and his sense of humor and smile are contagious. Everyday I'm thankful for him and our relationship, and proud to call him my dad.

IT'S POSSIBLE, FOR A PLAIN YELLOW PUMPKIN TO BECOME A GOLDEN CARRIAGE.
IT'S POSSIBLE, FOR A PLAIN COUNTRY BUMPKIN AND A PRINCE TO JOIN IN MARRIAGE.
AND FOUR WHITE MICE ARE EASILY TURNED TO HORSES.
SUCH FOLDEROL AND FIDDLE-DEE-DEE OF COURSE IS.......
QUITE POSSIBLE. IT'S POSSIBLE.
SO THE WORLD IS FULL OF ZANIES AND FOOLS,
WHO DON'T BELIEVE IN SENSIBLE RULES,
AND WHO WON'T BELIEVE WHAT SENSIBLE PEOPLE SAY.
AND BECAUSE THESE DAFT AND DEWY-EYED DOPES
KEEP BUILDING UP IMPOSSIBLE HOPES,
IMPOSSIBLE......THINGS ARE HAPPENING EVERY DAY.
IT'S POSSIBLE.

No comments:

Post a Comment